I have a proven track record of helping organizations, team and individuals to deliver business value in product development as fast as possible as well as with as high quality as possible, even in globally distributed organisations. I do this on all levels through building their own insights into proven methods, visualizing, adjusting for their situation, learning how to experiment and how the human side of change management plays its role. And we have fun! As line manager I have built a new Operational Excellence organization focusing on flow, quality and learning. I have handled all aspects of how to successfully grow and build great individuals, teams and processes over time.
My career has taken me across the world, working in China, Japan, the UK and Silicon Valley to mention a few. It has helped me understanding the cultural aspect of change management as well as sharpening my communicational skills and making it easy to quickly understand and learn about different types of aspects in new businesses.
Joel has deep knowledge in Change Management and large portfolio of methods & tools to use from SixSigma, Lean and Agile. I always find something to steel with pride from him at the different training sessions that we have done jointly. Joel is easy to work with at all time.
Example of Roles
- Change leader
- Coach for individuals or teams, Scrum, Kanban or other
- Project manager, Line manager or Team leader
- Trainer / Trainer of trainers
- Workshop facilitator
- Root Cause Analyst
Example of Trainings I deliver
● Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (4 days) (Certified Trainer)
● Wild Animals Agile Game (Organisational Change Simulation) (3 hours)
● Interface Poker (Roles Expectation Game) (1 hour)
● Experiment (1 hour)
Change Leader at Ericsson AB – Sweden, 2012 – 2016
● Leader of IT change project Visualisation Upgrade. Enabled agile-style visualisation in geographically distributed environment.
● Analysed the top software delivery flow impediments and CD failures. Shortened lead times and facilitated learning.
● Teaching and coaching Lean, Six Sigma and Root Cause Analysis to 400+ professionals in USA, Brazil, UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Japan, China incl HK and Sweden. Trained 6 new instructors.
● Developed an R&D-specific Value Stream Mapping course.
● Advisor to Lean steering group of Ericsson Patent organisation, helping to start their Lean journey.
● Responsible for Lean exchange with Scania, Assa Abloy. Incubating great ideas!
● Author and facilitator of the 3-hr Wild Animals Lean Game – demonstrating flow & quality. Delivered 110+ times globally
● Co-author of a 5G/Drone patent application
Line Manager, Operational Excellence dept. at Nanjing Ericsson Panda Communication Corp. Ltd – China, 2009 – 2012
● Leadership team member
● Responsible for recruitment of OE dept. staff
● Scorecard process/target driver
● Competence team leader
● Quality Assurance Board chairman
● Business Continuation Management driver
● Six Sigma Yellow Belt instructor
● Mentor to Six Sigma Black Belt candidate
● Mentor to local successor in manager role
● Corporate Audit facilitator
Operational Development Manager at Ericsson AB, Sweden, 2007 – 2009
● Project Manager for Methods & Tools
● Internal Auditor ISO 9001. ROM catalyst.
● Mentor for Six Sigma Black Belt candidate
● Six Sigma Green Belt instructor (Beijing 2008)
Project Manager, RBS NFF at Ericsson AB, Sweden, 2006 – 2008
● Six Sigma project at WRBS PLM
Project Manager for EPP at Ericsson AB, Sweden, 2005 – 2006
● Six Sigma Black Belt project
O&M Object Lead at WRBS Main Processor Software at Ericsson AB, Sweden, 2004 – 2005
Designer & Team Lead at WRBS Main Processor Software at Ericsson Radio, Sweden, 2003 – 2004
Designer and Team Lead at GSM BTS Platform Software at Ericsson Radio, Sweden, 2000 – 2003
PhD Candidate in Aerospace Engineering, KTH, Sweden 1997 – 1999
2017 Lean Change Management, Jason Little – 1 day
2017 Prosci Change Management Practitioner Certification, CMC Partnership – 3 days
2017 ITIL Foundation, Olingo Consulting – 3 days
2016 Leading SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Avega – 3 days
2016 Complete Leadership @ Ericsson, Ericsson / Pivot Leadership – 3 days
2013 Toyota Kata, Avega – 1 day
2013 2:nd Generation Lean Product Development, Don Reinertsen – 2 days
2013 Kanban Flow, Kanban Applied, Crisp – 3 days
2012 Ericsson Root Cause Analysis, Ericsson – 1 day
2010 Cross-culture leadership and communication, Zhang consulting – 5 days
2011 Negotiation, basic and advanced courses, Ericsson Academy5 days
2010 SCRUM for managers, Crisp – 1 day
2010 Apollo Root Cause Analysis, Ericsson Academy – 1 day
2009 Leadership for Expatriate Managers, Shanghai Innova Institute – 2 days
2009 Leadership Core Curriculum, FG Ledarskap – 10 days
2007 Internal Auditor ISO 9001, Canea – 3 days
2007 Lean, PLAN Foundation – 4 days
2006 Six Sigma Black Belt, Ericsson – 19d / 9m
2005 PROPS Planning and control, SEMCON – 2 days
2005 Coaching for project managers and line managers, Aptus Consulting – 1 day
2003 PROPS, SEMCON – 3 days
2002 To be a team leader, Ericsson University – 4 days
1999-2000 Computer Science Professional Development courses, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), NADA – 9 months
1992-1996 Civilingenjör (M. Sc.) Aeronautical Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) – 4.5 years