I help customers improve their delivery processes to become more optimized for flow. Supporting managers and teams to identify a good delivery structure enabling value delivery in small increments and prioritized using Lean economics.
Recent years I have been involved in introducing SAFe, and running SAFe educations, finding out how to adopt the framework to fit teams who need to align and collaborate for maximizing value deliveries. When scaling Agile you can choose to use a complete framework (as SAFe) or identify good practices from SAFe or other Scaling frameworks as LeSS to add just the structure that is needed. I can help explore and experiment to find what is helpful for you.
Last 10 years I have supported Agile transformation in various roles, first as Development manager, supporting my development team to adopt Agile and Scrum. After this I have supported Lean transformation as a change driver and last years I have been Agile Coach supporting managers and organisation in their Agile transformation efforts.
"As an agile coach, Martin helped us to understand what SAFe was all about and how it helped us to deliver not only better quality software but also at a faster pace.
I enjoyed and learned a lot from Martin, while working with him as our agile coach."
He is dedicated and professional, and can bring benefits to any team and leadership.
Example of Roles
- Agile Coach
- Lean Driver / Coach
- Agile Business Coach
- Agile Team Coach
- Agile Product Owner and Coach
- Trainer and Facilitator
- Interim Development Manager
Example of Methods and Ways of Working
- Scrum and Kanban
- Lean thinking
- Lean Management and continuous improvement
- User Story Mapping
- Specification by example
- Impact Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Workshop facilitation
Example of Trainings I deliver
- Agile Product Ownership
- Scrum Master
- Leading SAFe
- SAFe PM PO
- SAFe for Teams
- Scaled Agile introduction for managers
Relevant Training and Certifications
2016 Business Facilitator Certification (4 modules with certification)
2015 SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4 certified by Scaledagile inc)
2015 LeSS consultant (Certified by LeSS, Craig Larman)
2014 SAFe Agilist (SA)
2013 Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO, Scrum.org)
2012 Coaching Agile Teams (Crisp, Lyssa Adkins and Michael Spayd)
2012 Management 3.0 (Know IT)
2011 Advanced Facilitation (2 days)
2010 Kanban (Crisp, David Anderson
2010 Lean Academy 2 weeks Lean training (Nordea Lean Banking)
2008 Scrum Master Certification (CSM, Scrum Alliance)
2006 IHM, Personal Leadership
2004 Nordea Management Training (3 x 3 days, boarding school)
1992 English A, 20p Umeå University
1992-1995 Information technology (IT / Economics) 120p Umeå University
Folksam – 2018 March – November
- Acting as RTE for a release train of about 70 people. Improving collaboration and transparency within the value stream, as well as between the streams and with business.
Databyrån – 2017 –2018
- Supporting change towards more Scaled Agile product Development using Less, creating new teams with Self Selection.
Agile Coach Nordea Cards Area – 2016 – 2017
- Supporting Cards management transfer to an Agile Portfolio and Development Streams.
- Coaching Business and Scrum Master and new RTE in the setup for one Stream.
Agile Coach Nordea Retail Banking IT – 2013 – 2015
- Leading Agile Office in Retail Banking. Setting up Agile Coach academy for internal agile coaches and initiate Agile Coach network Community of Practice for people with such interest. Supporting agile transformation to take next steps with scaling flavours both from LeSS and SAFe. Running SAFe and agile educations for business and IT.
- Coaching and helping teams get started working Agile. Working both as Agile Coach and Scrum Master. Helping teams start working agile both using Kanban and Scrum as framework. Running Scrum and Kanban educations for new teams.
Lean IT Navigator – 2012 – 2013
- Supporting Nordea IT organization to keep focus on Lean and secure implementation of Lean mindset & behaviour. Helping teams to take next step through facilitation, training, mentoring and coaching.
Business IT-driver in Lean IT Programme Nordea – 2009 – 2012
IT-driver of Lean IT development and maintenance track, responsible for driving Lean activities inside Nordea IT.
- Nordea runs Lean in IT and together with Nordea Lean Banking we are improving our processes and implementing a Lean mindset in Nordea IT. This transformation program introduced and helped the organization trying out agile flavours like one point of entry to teams, visual work flow, break down work to smaller batches and establish long lasting teams to mention a few things. More teams started also to use Agile frameworks like Scrum. My role was as to drive development track for project work and help maintenance track to support waves with different line organisation teams.
Head of Netbanking Solutions Se, Nordea (Business IT manager) – 2007 – 2009
Head of a unit handling IT maintenance and development of Nordeas Internet bank in Sweden, both private and corporate customers. The group has 17 employees.
- Initiated a pilot as one of the first teams in Nordea to implement Scrum for private netbank product. The pilot included both IT and business people and was perceived with positive results and helped Agile to be further spread in the organization.
Section Manager at Nordea (Netbanking Systems SE, IT manager) – 2003 – 2007
Head of IT Netbank area in Sweden (private and corporate customers)
- 2005-2006, After merge with other unit we got a strong unit with clear roles and responsibilities since we could combine netbank development for both corporate and private customers to one unit.
- 2003-2004, Organisation had strong cost reduction focus during this period and we manage to reduce consultant dependencies with more clear internal processes and tighter cooperation with business. This together with focus on competence hand over and reduce key person dependencies.
Improvement Manager at Nordea – 2001 – 2003
- Project manager for projects inside Nordea netbank in Sweden.
2017 – Dandy People (Agile Coach / Consultant)
2001- 2017 Nordea
1998-2001 Sigma (IT-consultant)
1995-1998 Cap Gemini (IT-consultant)