My biggest passion is to support and work with PEOPLE. Helping and coaching leaders in creating and maintaining a culture of innovation and experimentation with a growth mindset where everyone can seize opportunities.
I love working in environments where there is a passion for growth and with ORGANIZATIONS who want to continue on this journey or are just getting started going through Agile transformations. Helping them to build structures and a company culture that promotes people’s ideas, learning, and where everybody can contribute in a safe way.
In my work with development TEAMS I support them with their way of working, team collaboration (my strong technical background helps me to support development teams in the best way possible), and of course building high-performing teams and cross-functional sustainable collaborations across the organization.
As an Agile Coach at Dandy People, I also enjoy interacting and contributing to the external COMMUNITY, by teaching Agile certification courses, facilitating different types of workshops and meet-ups, and speaking on events.
Some of my Clients
- Länsförsäkringar Fondliv
Educations and Certifications
- ICP-CAT – ICAgile Certified Professional – Coaching Agile Transitions (ICAgile by Adventures with Agile, AWA, 2021)
- ICP-ENT – ICAgile Certified Professional – Agility in the Enterprise (ICAgile by Adventures with Agile, AWA, 2021)
- CSP – Certified Scrum Professional (Scrum Alliance, 2016)
- The Coaching Stance (Agile Coaching Institute, 2014)
- Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (DEK Technologies, 2013)
- CSM – Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance, 2011)
- Scrum and WoW (Ericsson, 2011)
- Design and realization of new generation networks certification (L’Aquila University, 2008)
- Software engineering – Double Master degree (Mälardalen University, 2009-2010)
- Computer science – Bachelor degree (the University of L’Aquila, 2005-2008)
- Photography: old and new techniques (Industrial Technical Institute, 2004)
Examples of my achievements
- Coaching the Nordic Leadership Team towards an Agile Mindset and Agile Enterprise – (Unilever)
- Coaching 15+ teams toward HPT – High performing team (Ericsson)
- Created a collaborative leadership team, bringing together different company functions (DEK Technologies)
- Trained ScM and PO on remote work (Vaimo)
- Coached and initiated activities around the introduction of SAFe (Länsförsäkringar)
- Initiated company-large retrospective (DEK Technologies)
- Created the DEK Cultural Blueprint (DEK Technologies)
- Created forums/communities for ScMs and POs (DEK & Vaimo & Länsförsäkringar)
- Established the Buddy System network (DEK Technologies)
- Coached leaders as ScM & POs on their role and work (Ericsson, DEK & Vaimo)
- Established individual s.m.a.r.t. goals system (DEK Technologies)
- Built a Peer Development process (DEK Technologies)
- Trained people in Vietnam on Agile and remote work (DEK Technologies)
- Responsible for facilitating and improving the peer-to-peer salary process model (DEK Technologies)
- Ran webinars on remote teamwork (DEK Technologies)
- Established Jenkins for CI/CD (Ericsson) and set up Jira and WoW for ~15 teams
Courses and workshops I have run
Courses & Trainings
- Co-trainer on the 4-week online Agile Program (Dandy People open training)
- Co-trainer on the 5-week online Agile program (Dandy People open training)
- Scrum Master Online Course – (SEB)
- Scrum Master certification course – certified 200+ people (INFORMATOR)
- Introduction to Agile – (INFORMATOR)
- Scrum Master and Product management (SAAB)
- Introduction to Agile (NASDAQ)
- Trained students in Agile (EC Utbildning)
- Cynefin online workshop – Dandy Dojo
- The power of feedback (Ericsson)
- Collaboration in Kanban (Ericsson)
- Buddy System (Avega & Dandy People)
- Product management in Agile Seminar (NORDEA)
Some of my Clients
Agile Trainer, SEB – 2021 – Current Assignment
ScrumMaster online training internally for their ScrumMasters.
Agile Coach, Unilever – 2020 – Current Assignment
At Unilever I am part of the coaching team from Dandy People that support Unilever’s Agile transformation. We work with teams and managers to build Agile capabilities in leadership, ways of working and structures. As team members of the coaching team we also have specific responsibilities, mine is to coach the Nordic leadership team on a weekly basis supporting them in their ways of working and building an Agile mindset. We work distributed and online in everything we do.
Agile Coach, Länsförsäkringar Fond/Liv – 2019 – 2020
On this assignment at Länsförsäkringar Fondliv, I am part of a team of Agile coaches with the mission of supporting the organization to embrace Agile mindset and WoW, as well as supporting activities needed to start to work within the SAFe frame.
Agile Coach, DEK Technologies Sweden – 2014 – 2019
Agile Coach driving the Agile mindset, way of working and Agile transformation of DEK Technologies into a modern, self-managed, and self-empowered organization.
INTERNALLY IN DEK TECHNOLOGIES:
Driving the activities and initiatives aimed to get our company culture to be as Agile, transparent, self-managed and empowered as possible. Example of activities that I have been driving: Team coaching, large company retrospectives, buddy system, internal communities, 1:1 coaching, peer review processes, large scale experiments, strategic locations, feedback tools, etc
Through the years, I have also been part of management activities that are not exactly part of an Agile Coach role but that nevertheless gave me the chance to experiment by running them in a modern, transparent and Agile way, things like recruitment, salary processes and talks, hr, etc.
Webinars: Since 2018 I’ve decided to spread more of my experience and of our Agile journey of DEK Technologies through free webinars.
I have also been teaching courses on Agile Software Development, Lean, Scrum and on Kanban. A big part of those courses was the popular 2-days PSM certification course for Scrum Masters (delivered through Informator AB with Scrum.org)
Agile Coach, Vaimo – 2015
In this assignment at Vaimo (an e-commerce solution provider company), I had the goal to improve the efficiency of the several development teams and to help out with the adoption of Agile in the organization.
Trainings, feedback, workshops, 1:1 co-active coaching, facilitating, spotting and follow-up improvements were the main goals.
Scrum Master, Ericsson – 2013 – 2015
Scrum master of a distributed and multicultural development team of 10 members, half of them in Vietnam and half in Sweden (working on IMS – IP Multimedia Subsystem).
Personal responsibilities covering several aspects such as planning and organization of work shared between the two countries and other responsibilities beyond the team itself, such as agile coaching and training, on Lean and Agile (For the company and also for external companies such as EC Utbildning)
Software Developer and Scrum Master, Ericsson – 2012 – 2013
During the assignment, the role covered has been software developer, tester and scrum master on a multicultural team working on Ericsson’s SBG (Session Border Gateway) in the IMS core network, mainly developing features related to IP Multimedia Subsystem systems and VoIP/VoLTE methodologies. One additional task was also being part of a task-force group in order to set up and secure JIRA and CI for the legacy and regression tests.
Worked in Vietnam for one month as trainer for a group of 15-20 engineers in order to form and educate 2-3 new teams in the DEK Vietnamese offices (on both Agile and Technical excellence).
Tester and Test Lead, Ericsson Radio – 2011 – 2012
Verification and validation of telecommunication software deployed on Ericsson’s Radio Base Stations for both WCDMA and LTE standards.
During the working period, the role ranged over several tasks, such as function tester (writing and maintaining test cases/suites), test leader (planning and organizing the daily work for a team of 5 persons) and release planner (planning and handling of software releases for a team of about 15 persons).
Paolo is one of those persons passionate of his work and interested in other people. He is eager to try new approaches and mindsets and skilled in his way of coaching and enthusiasm others to try new methods and think outside the famous box.I attended one of his Agile introductions courses and found it very useful. He is also a major force to the transformation of DEK as a company, trying, adapting and keeping it agile. In summary, I wish for everyone to have the chance to work with Paolo!
Paolo has been one of the drivers in transforming DEK Sweden into an agile organization. Paolo is a skilled and appreciated agile coach and mentor both internally DEK and with our clients. Paolo is always positive, helpful and has a genuine interest in the wellbeing of other people.
- Swedish – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- Italian – Native
- Senior Agile Coach, Dandy People, 2019 – now
- Agile Coach, DEK Technologies, 2014-2019
- Scrum Master, DEK Technologies, 2012-2014
- Software Developer, DEK Technologies, 2011-2012
- Software Developer, Klarna, 2010-2011