As an Agile Coach, my goal is to support organizations to find and master those changes and experiments that will make their work more effective and productive toward their business goals and help those involved in a transition to Agile.
This usually includes a variety of work that make up my core competencies:
- Coaching leadership and management to be enablers and transformative
- Coaching and consulting organizations to encourage a culture of innovation and experimentation
- Mentoring teams toward high performance and collaboration
- Facilitating workshops (small and large scale)
- Change management and transformation strategies to roll out experiments and initiatives
- Training in Agile courses and programs
Having worked with several companies from start-ups to large organizations in a range of industries (Finance, Telecom, Consumer goods, Technology) made me understand that there is no one solution to suit all, a tailored and pragmatic approach is essential. Focussing on the business outcome rather than “installing” Agile. Focusing on the people rather than the processes and at the same time “fix” the system rather than the people.
Some of my Clients
- Cambio (Spot and tackle hinders affecting effectiveness)
- Sverige Radio (Toward a Product organization)
- Unilever (Towards a fully Agile organization)
- Länsförsäkringar (Adopting Agile and SAFe)
- Ericsson (Bringing teams to High performance)
- DEK Technologies (Building a teal organization)
- Vaimo (Increasing effectiveness of all teams)
Educations and Certifications
- ICAgile Authorized Instructor – ICP Certified Professional (ICAgile, 2022)
- ICP-CAT – ICAgile Certified Professional – Coaching Agile Transitions (ICAgile by AWA, 2021)
- ICP-ENT – ICAgile Certified Professional – Agility in the Enterprise (ICAgile by AWA, 2021)
- CSP – Certified Scrum Professional (Scrum Alliance, 2016)
- PSM – Professional Scrum Master (Scrum.org, 2016)
- The Coaching Stance (Agile Coaching Institute, 2014)
- Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (DEK Technologies, 2013)
- CSM – Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance, 2011)
- Scrum and WoW (Ericsson, 2011)
- Software engineering – Double Master Degree (University of L’Aquila + Mälardalen University, 2009-2010)
- Computer science – Bachelor’s degree (University of L’Aquila, 2005-2008)
Examples of my achievements
- Coaching the Nordic Leadership Team towards an Agile Mindset and Agile Enterprise (Unilever)
- Coaching 15+ teams toward HPT – High performing team (Ericsson)
- Created a collaborative leadership team, bringing together different company functions (DEK Technologies)
- Trained ScMs and POs on remote work (Vaimo)
- Coached and initiated activities around the introduction of SAFe (Länsförsäkringar)
- Co-facilitated multi-weeks learning programs (Dandy)
- Co-authored the “Agile Playbook for leadership” (Unilever)
- Initiated and facilitated large-scale retrospectives (DEK Technologies)
- Coach the coach (Vaimo)
- Initiated activities needed for working with SAFe (Länsförsäkringar)
- Introduced and fostered an innovation and experimentation culture (DEK Technologies)
- Created forums/communities role-based and interest-based (DEK & Vaimo & Länsförsäkringar)
- Established the Buddy System network (DEK Technologies)
- Built a Peer Development process (DEK Technologies)
- Trained people in Vietnam on Agile and remote work (DEK Technologies)
- Co-created a peer-to-peer salary process (DEK Technologies)
- Established Jenkins for CI/CD (Ericsson) and set up Jira and WoW for ~15 teams
- Coached managers, ScM & POs towards an Agile mindset
- Ran webinars on remote collaboration (DEK Technologies)
Courses and workshops I have run
Courses & Training
- “Agile PowerUp Program with ICP certification” (Dandy People)
- “5-weeks online Agile program” (Dandy People)
- “Scrum Master Online Course” (SEB)
- “Scrum Master certification course for PSM” – certified 200+ people (INFORMATOR)
- “Introduction to Agile” (INFORMATOR)
- “Scrum Master and Product management” (SAAB)
- “Introduction to Agile” (NASDAQ)
- “Trained students in Agile” (EC Utbildning)
Workshops and Seminars
- “Product management and prioritization” (VOLVO)
- “Cynefin online workshop” – Dandy Dojo
- “Conflict as a Driver online workshop” – Dandy Dojo
- “The power of feedback” (Ericsson)
- “Collaboration in Kanban” (Ericsson)
- “Buddy System seminar” (Avega & Dandy People)
- “Product management in Agile” seminar (NORDEA)
Work experiences in detail
Agile Coach, Cambio – 2021- Current assignment
Agile Coach to support Cambio to spot and tackle hinders that are affecting their delivery flow and effectiveness. As well as delivering a leadership program for the leadership teams.
Agile Coach, Sverige Radio – 2021- 2021
Agile Coach to support a change toward a well-functioning product organization. Supporting the leadership team during the change, as well as supporting the teams during the journey
Agile Coach, Unilever – 2020 – 2021
Working as Agile coach to support Unilever’s Agile transformation towards a fully Agile Organization by building Agile capabilities in leadership and teams. As a member of the coaching team, my responsibility is to coach the Nordic leadership team on their teamwork and through frequent 1:1s, coaching and mentoring 4 teams working with Marketing, Digital, and Business; and the overall organization and structure through presentations, workshops, and organization analysis – to identify and boost learning areas. We work distributed and online in everything we do.
Agile Coach, Länsförsäkringar Fond/Liv – 2019 – 2020
On this assignment at Länsförsäkringar Fondliv, I am part of a team of Agile coaches with the mission of supporting the organization to embrace the Agile mindset and WoW, as well as supporting activities needed to start to work within the SAFe frame.
Agile Coach, DEK Technologies Sweden – 2014 – 2019
Agile Coach driving the Agile mindset, way of working, and Agile transformation of DEK Technologies into a modern, self-managed, and teal organization.
Driving the activities and initiatives aimed to get our company culture to be as Agile, transparent, self-managed, and innovative as possible. Examples of activities that I have been driving: Team coaching, large company retrospectives, buddy system, internal communities, 1:1 coaching, peer review processes, large scale experiments, strategic locations, feedback tools, etc
Through the years, I have also been part of management activities that are not exactly part of an Agile Coach role but that nevertheless gave me the chance to experiment by running them in a modern and transparent way, things as recruitment, salary processes, and talks, HR, etc.
Agile Coach, Vaimo – 2015
In this assignment at Vaimo (an e-commerce solution provider company), I had the goal to improve the efficiency of several development teams and to help out with the adoption of Agile in the organization.
Training, feedback, workshops, 1:1 co-active coaching, facilitating, spotting, and follow-up improvements were the main goals.
Scrum Master, Ericsson – 2013 – 2015
Scrum master of a distributed and multicultural development team of 10 members, half of them in Vietnam and half in Sweden (working on IMS – IP Multimedia Subsystem).
Personal responsibilities covering several aspects such as planning and organization of work shared between the two countries and other responsibilities beyond the team itself, such as agile coaching and training, on Lean and Agile (For the company and also for external companies such as EC Utbildning)
Software Developer and Scrum Master, Ericsson – 2012 – 2013
During the assignment, the role covered has been software developer, tester, and scrum master on a multicultural team working on Ericsson’s SBG (Session Border Gateway) in the IMS core network, mainly developing features related to IP Multimedia Subsystem systems and VoIP/VoLTE methodologies. One additional task was also being part of a task-force group in order to set up and secure JIRA and CI for the legacy and regression tests. Worked in Vietnam for one month as a trainer for a group of 15-20 engineers in order to form and educate 2-3 new teams in the DEK Vietnamese offices (on both Agile and Technical excellence).
Tester and Test Lead, Ericsson Radio – 2011 – 2012
Verification and validation of telecommunication software deployed on Ericsson’s Radio Base Stations for WCDMA and LTE standards.
During the working period, the role ranged over several tasks, such as function tester (writing and maintaining test cases/suites), test leader (planning and organizing the daily work for a team of 5 persons), and release planner (planning and handling of software releases for a team of about 15 persons).
Paolo is one of those persons passionate of his work and interested in other people. He is eager to try new approaches and mindsets and skilled in his way of coaching and enthusiasm others to try new methods and think outside the famous box.I attended one of his Agile introductions courses and found it very useful. He is also a major force to the transformation of DEK as a company, trying, adapting and keeping it agile. In summary, I wish for everyone to have the chance to work with Paolo!
Paolo has been one of the drivers in transforming DEK Sweden into an agile organization. Paolo is a skilled and appreciated agile coach and mentor both internally DEK and with our clients. Paolo is always positive, helpful and has a genuine interest in the wellbeing of other people.
- Swedish – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- Italian – Native