Certified Scrum Trainer® Evelyn Tian leads an intensive, two-day Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) course that introduces and familiarizes leaders with Agile methods and how Agile can be used to transform organizations to be more customer-focused and productive.
This course is designed for senior executives, middle management and leaders with the desire to introduce or enhance the practice of Agile within their organization, and leaders who support, lead, or interact with Agile teams such as Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches. You will gain insights into Agile leadership, organization improvements, and take away concrete practices, tips, and techniques to apply to your organization.
Evelyn utilizes accelerated learning techniques without using canned presentations to maximize your learning experience and increase your information retention through activities, learning games, and exercises backed by case studies. Participants will leave with raised awareness of the benefits, mindset, skills, and characteristics of an Agile leader.
Who this course is for
● Executives, middle management, and other leaders with mandate or desire to introduce agility into the organization
● Leaders who support, lead, or interact with agile teams such as Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches
● Any leader sponsoring, requesting, or involved with an agile transformation within their organization
- Do you want to accelerate your Agile transformation? Would you like to advance your own leadership skills?
- Are you thinking about starting with Agile but are unsure of where to begin and what to expect? Have you started but are unclear how to maximize the benefits of Agile?
- Have you thought about establishing Agile leadership practices toward producing fearlessly innovative teams? What about enhancing team motivation and engagement?
- The Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) program provides a new way of thinking about Agile, with practical tools designed to develop your ability to lead and influence in the volatile, uncertain and ambiguous environment we live in today. CAL will unleash the potential in yourself, your people and your organization.
Said about Evelyn’s Training
“The best two days of training I ever had.” —Sridhar
“A perfect insight into the Agile world.” —Smita
“Great actionable content.” —Jason
“Very personable and great delivery.” —Jennifer
“Delivering both ‘How to do it’ and ‘Why it works’ in a fun and enlightened way.” —Hugo
This course covers the following concepts through a mix of in-class lectures and practical exercises designed to introduce and expand on the following areas:
- Consider Your Organization Broadly
- Apply systems thinking.
- Embrace change and excel in volatile, uncertain environments with large amounts of complexity.
- Welcome and adapt to the future as it unfolds.
- Lead and Advance Your Agile Transformation
- Patterns of Agile transformations
- Next steps to advance yourself and your organization
- Agile leaders’ behaviours contrasted with traditional leaders’ behaviours
- Develop the Organization
- Lead teams and go beyond teams. Understand the evolution of organizations.
- Make culture, architecture, and structure enhance your Agile adoption. Understand and articulate the journey of Lean and Agile that we are all on.
- Apply Lean tools and define metrics to make your organization healthy and dynamic.
- Engage Your People
- Increase employee motivation, improve trust, and deepen collaboration.
- Apply servant leadership and transition to host leadership within your organization.
- Understand The Art of Action – how you can make effective decisions quickly.
- Foster a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Lead continuous improvement in complex environments, while adapting to an ambiguous, dynamic world.
- Learn how to create system change experiments in your environment.
The CAL program will enable you to be aware of the art and practice of Agile leadership, provide you the theory and the tools you need, enabling you to take specific next steps to advance your practice within your organization.
Contents of the Training
✓ Management trends and fitting business environment
✓ Journey of Lean and Agile
✓ Evolution of organizations
Complex Adaptive System (C.A.S.)
✓ Apply Systems Thinking to organizations
✓ Excel in VUCA environment with Cynefin framework
✓ Leading from the future as it emerges
✓ Engage People
✓ Increase employee motivation
✓ Servant leadership to host leadership
✓ The Art of Actions – how to make fast and effective decisions
✓ Engage people in an agile environment – improve trust and collaboration
✓ Develop Organizations
✓ Lead teams and go beyond teams
✓ Culture, architecture, and structure
✓ Apply Lean tools and define metrics to grow healthy organizations
✓ Foster a Culture of Continuous Improvement
✓ Lead continuous improvement in Complex Adaptive System
✓ Create system change experiments in agile environment (tool plus exercise)
✓ Lead and Advance Agile Transformation
✓ Patterns of Agile Transformations
✓ Define next steps to advance yourself and your organization
✓ Agile leaders’ behaviors (vs traditional leaders’)
With CAL program, you will gain more awareness of agile leadership, grasp theory and tools, and bring back concrete next steps to advance your organization.
Please read: Scrum Guide – Scrum Alliance
About your Trainer Evelyn Tian
Evelyn is a Certified Scrum Trainer approved by the Scrum Alliance.
She is an experienced coach and trainer with over twenty years of product development experience in product management, project management, system design, software design, system integration and customer support. She has worked with a variety of products and sectors, from telecom, e-commerce, finance, automobile and consumer services.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Educator (CAL Educator)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Evelyn uses accelerated learning techniques like Training From The Back Of The Room to teach the course content in brain-friendly ways that help you maximize learning experience and information retention.
As a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) with over twenty years of product development experience, and solid hands-on experience as the head agile coach of Ericsson, Evelyn brings in years of coaching experience to the class, which helps the session to be more beneficial and practical.