Due to the situation with COVID-19 this training is now offered as remote online training.
- Get double the expertise with not just one but two expert trainers for this online training.
- Know how to help your clients/teams realize their objectives that may be just outside of their reach.
- Create safety and trust! You will also learn how to create high-trust and psychologically safe environments online using a blend of coaching techniques and online collaboration tools we will share with you!
- Continue with continuous professional development as an aspiring Agile Coach, Manager, or Agile Consultant and harness the power of Agile Coaching to build highly productive agile teams, even when they’re remote!
- You will come away from our training with hands-on capabilities to help your teams succeed thanks to AWA’s highly interactive, ‘do it now’ training format.
- Then… reinforce what you have learned at our regular online coaching clinic post-class!
Gain professional coaching skills that will help your teams resolve blockers preventing them from success, and become an ICAgile Certified Agile Coach. Join this public ICAgile – Certified Agile Team Coach with Adventures with Agile.
About the Training
Agile and Lean work where there are deep respect and consideration for people. However, often the behaviors we experience and sometimes exhibit at work are not in alignment with our own goals and the goals of the organization. This is what makes achieving agility so hard.
Professional coaching helps individuals and teams increase the transparency of their own internal and external blockers that stop them from being successful in their goals.
During this 5 half days (25 hrs), highly interactive, ICAgile-Certified Agile Team Coach course with Adventures with Agile, you will learn specific professional coaching skills required to help others who are moving towards Agile ways of working. You will also gain the understanding and skills required to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team and be exposed to team dynamics and the role the wider organization system plays.
Following the completion of the class, you will access our regular coaching practice group, available exclusively for Agile Team Coach graduates to support your continuous professional development. This intermediate-level course is for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience. You will build upon the experience you already have working with agile teams
This training will lead to an ICAgile Certification.
What you will Learn
- What an agile coach is and how this role plays out with your teams.
- An introduction to neuroscience and why it’s important as coaches we understand how the brain reacts when we’re stressed.
- Gain fundamental professional coaching skills and insights, like what powerful questions are and how to use them effectively and one of the important tools for team and personal growth- giving and receiving feedback.
- How to create a psychologically safe environment for your teams by looking at how to set up the team environment and help the team to know themselves and create a shared culture and vision.
- How to conduct the coaching conversation including techniques to improve the way you listen, brainstorm and help your client be effective with actions.
- Why it’s important to design a coaching contract with your team and stakeholders.
- How to coach and mentor through different kinds of change.
- How to coach toward high-performance and gain effective skills in encouraging team collaboration and trust and how to resolve conflicts.
- A powerfully effective conflict resolution coaching tool not found anywhere else.
- Connect with other participants/peers and exchange experiences first hand.
- Experience what it is like to offer and receive professional coaching and profoundly helpful it is.
- Team emotional intelligence
- Defining agile coaching
- The agile mindset
- Achieving self-awareness
- Coaching principles and patterns
- Neuroscience and coaching
- Conducting the Coaching Conversation
- Goal and action-based outcomes
- Presence and listening
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Powerful questions
- Creating a psychologically safe environment
- Understanding team development and team culture
- Conflict resolution
- Setting up the team environment
- Creating a team kickoff/startup
- Characteristics of an agile team
- Coaching the journey towards high-performance
- Understanding the change cycle
- Working with Leadership
- Putting it into practice
The Agile Team Coach course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of the Agile Team Coach course and assessment, you will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert-Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry´s first competence-based certification. There is an ongoing assessment throughout the class as well as a practical assessment at the end of the course that you will need to pass. As long as the trainers believe you have demonstrated competence and that you have understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than 1 hour of the course then you will receive the certification. The certification is included in the price of the course. Following the class, you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.
Endorsed by the Scrum Alliance
By attending this course you will be eligible to earn up to 15 Category C SEU Points.
This training will be held in English.
- Acquire skills in professional coaching, create safe environments, and how to resolve conflict.
- Help your teams to resolve blockers that preventing them from success.
- Stand pot from the crowd with the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coach certification.
- Demonstrate that you have the skill set to do the work required of an Agile Team Coach.
- Illustrate your commitment to professional mastery.
- Designed by Certified Training from the back of the Room Trainers using research-backed adult learning techniques.
- Facilitated by professional coaches with real-world experience working in agile transformations and agile teams across many different companies of all shapes and sizes.
- Highly-reputable training provider backed by years of experience, industry-leading certification, and globally recognized trainers.
- Access to full learning pathway from team to enterprise coaching (plus much other world-class training)
Who should attend
Executives, Managers, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Iteration Managers, Agile Coaches, aspiring Coaches, Product Owners.
This an intermediate-level course for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience. You will build upon the experience you already have working with agile teams.
Are you not sure this is the right level for you and need to know more? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you in finding the right training for you.
What you will receive
- An online and downloadable copy of the class manual
- Twenty-one hours of immersive in-classroom training providing you with unrivaled access to deep experiential learning, support, and practice to embed learning. Plus two sleeps helps the new learning sink in deeper!
- Improved skills and knowledge that will enable you to mentor and coach teams
- Enhanced competency and skill set to do the work required of an Agile Team Coach with the internationally recognized Agile Coaching Certification (ICP-ACC) from the International Consortium of Agile (ICAgile)
- Membership to the global Agile team Coach class community providing a rich ecosystem for support, learning and sharing experiences post-class
- Access to in-person and virtual coaching practice to support your continuous professional development in coaching
- Membership to Adventures with the Agile community for organizational change and agile
- Two highly-experienced, professional coach trainers, with real-world experience working in agile transformations and (co-located and remote) agile teams across many different companies of all shapes and sizes
- Dramatically improved skills and knowledge that will enable you to mentor and coach your co-located and remote teams
- AWA has completely re-engineered our class especially for the online environment to create a powerful psychologically safe learning experience (and you will learn how to do this too!)
About the Trainers
David is a coach, mentor, trainer, and author. He has coached a variety of individuals and companies (ranging from start-ups to traditional organizations) over a range of industries (including wine, travel, health, fashion, government, automotive, and finance).
David has a post-graduate certificate in Business & Personal Coaching from the University of Chester, is certified by the International Coach Federation as a Professional Certified Coach, and is one of only two people in the UK with both CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) and KCP (Kanban Coaching Professional) certificates.
David is heavily involved in the Agile and Lean communities: he founded the London Agile Discussion Group, Agile on the Bench, and London Lean Coffee and speaks at conferences and events around the world.
He has global sales of his workshop game, (‘Iterative Incremental Big Bang’), is the author of ‘Scrum 101: the most frequently asked questions about Agile with Scrum’ and is currently working on a new book: a fictional story explaining the user-centered design.
After working as a Software Developer for 11 years, Rafa Ribeiro realized that despite the knowledge he had about machines and computers, he lacked skills to empower and support other people. With the challenge of creating his own company, he felt the need to start a learning journey in the realms of Psychology, Expressive Arts, and Professional Coaching. As a result, Rafa currently works as an Agile Coach and Professional Coach with organizations, teams, and individuals, helping them discover and becoming aware of their goals, reflecting their behaviors and supporting their growth. He has a range of deep experience working with co-located, distributed, and full remote teams, as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or Enterprise Agile Coach.
Duration: 25 hours of live online training providing you with unrivaled access to deep experiential learning, support, and practice to embed learning
Dates: May 18-22
Time: 8.00-12.00 (GMT)
High Praise for this Course
“Great course. Loads of techniques and tools for coaching would recommend to anyone calling themselves an agile coach” Graham Ingram – Agile Coach
“I am really pleased to have taken part in this Agile Team Coach Training. The content, structure, ideas, exercises, and opportunities to practice during the day made a huge difference in my agile journey” Luciano Correa – Scrum Master
“Informative and interesting throughout. The trainer is a seasoned professional who got across quite a lot of information in a short period of time!” Bernard Mensah – Software Engineering Manager
“Really good for learning or consolidating knowledge of agile to a level that enables me to go forward as an agile coach and consultant” – Caitriona Kavanagh – Business Analyst
“I recommend this course to all agile coaches in or new to this role. A good way to learn about all the techniques to be a good agile coach” Niko Deflem – Agile Coach
“Professional, practical course to develop and agile coach. A must for everyone who wants to do agile coaching” Benedicte Fjellanger – Manager
“Excellent course delivered by a professional, knowledgeable and friendly trainer” – Mike Crook – Agile Coach
“Love the trainer’s delivery of the ICP-ACC course. Plenty of pictures, information, practice, moving around & FUN!” – Vijay Padmanabhan – Agile Coach
“A very well designed and delivered training program full of hands-on exercises to aid learning” Kavita Gupta – Agile Coach
“Brilliant training on agile coaching that brings in the needed skills to effectively coach agile teams” Ana Isabel Rafael – Agile Coach
“Fun, engaging, comprehensive and above all useful. The trainer was brilliant” Jim Wylie – Agile Coach
“Highly recommend this for anybody considering or already in an agile coaching role” Barry Sayers – Agile Coach
“If you think you know what agile coaching is you are probably in for a surprise! After this course, your ability as a coach will be strengthened and renewed” E. Daleng – Director of Agile Business and Collaboration
“Action-packed course in a great format that truly made the terms Agile and Coaching clear to me”
“I loved the course. This is one of the best courses I have participated in during my 25 year long working career”
“The best training so far in my life!” – J.Larsen – Project Manager
“Amazing trainer; draws connections in teams, introduces concepts in an engaging way, gets you to practice them and reflect. Finally, they help you summarise and contextualize what you have learned.” D.Rahman – HR Consultant
“Fantastic course, great variety, and great delivery. A useful, practical training that exceeded my expectations.” M.Swansborough – Agile Coach
“A great trainer, and provided a very relaxed and light-hearted environment to learn a large number of very useful techniques and concepts. It has provided a lot of food for thought and lots of possibilities for further learning” M.Ravenscroft – Team leader/senior developer
“Jammed full of great information, fantastic people and the trainer is a fun and inspiring leader” – Mat Stoker – Delivery Manager
“I loved this course. If nothing else (and there were loads else) I now have started to understand what it means to be an agile coach and that it is so much bigger and challenging than I ever thought. Thank you so much” – Judith Burchasolt – Agile Delivery Manager
“Training was great even for people that already have experience with the coaching they will learn new things, techniques and learn from others in attendance” – Tatiana Bacalin – Agile Coach