This is an essential training if you want to build an organization that is fit for the future. An organization that can innovate and act on new learnings during the year instead of stick to a plan made a long time ago. Beyond Budgeting (Agile budgeting) is supporting this adaptability and speed in the organization making you outsmarting the competitors.
This training will be held in Stockholm at the Dandy People*s HQ. The date will soon be set, probably in March or April 2018.
If you are interested to get an update when date is set just email us on email@example.com.
Bjarte Bogsnes has a long international career, both in Finance and HR, and has been heading up the implementation of Beyond Budgeting at Statoil. Bjarte is Chairman of Beyond Budgeting Round Table (BBRT). He is a popular international business speaker and is the winner of a Harvard Business Review/McKinsey Management Innovation award.
He is the author of “Implementing Beyond Budgeting – Unlocking the Performance Potential“, where he writes about his implementation experiences at Statoil. The 2nd edition is just out. Statoil has recently opened up for Bjarte to undertake select external consulting work.
Don´t miss this great opportunity to learn from the best and become an organization for the future!
Many organizations are looking to get Agile for the benefit of the people, the customers and the business. Often the Agile transformation works well up until you hit the glass roof of budgeting. Organizations who change in to Agile budgeting more often manage to create cross functional teams with the same focus over a long time which gives them abilities to innovate and deliver value at speed instead of splitting peoples time in different projects that takes too long to deliver. This is when you uncover the real benefit of Agile.
Changing in to Beyond Budget makes it easy to do budgeting. With less time spent on getting in to detailed strategies on what the organization will do during the year, enabling more focus on clear measurable goals and focus on fast data driven learnings will make you hit the goals, changing what the solution is, delivering on business goals at full speed.
Key Learnings and Objectives
- Learn the concepts and benefits form Beyond Budgeting and how to manage implement it in big or smaller organizations from the CFO of Statoil.
- Learn how to maximize a performance climate with teams committed to a common purpose, shared rewards, and sustained value creation.
- Find out how other organizations have applied Beyond Budgeting in practice, and how you can do it too.
What previous Students say
“the training was interesting and time flew; the training was great; the most difficult part of the training was the end of the day, so it was harder to focus; The workshop gave a new perspective and lot to think about.”
“clear and enthusiastic; professional in the topic and in training skills; the positions were well argumented; structure was good.”
Points for the trainer (average): 9,38 (max 10)
Points for training (average): 8,92 (max 10)
Content of this one day Training
Beyond Budgeting – an agile management model for new business and people realities
– The problems with traditional management, including budgeting
– Beyond Budgeting – the adaptive management model
– the background, philosophy, the 12 principles
– Companies on the journey around the world; examples of how they operate
– Beyond Budgeting and Agile
– The Borealis story – going Beyond Budgeting before Beyond Budgeting
– the Statoil story – the “Ambition to Action” model;
– redefining performance – dynamic and relative targets and a holistic performance evaluation
– dynamic forecasting and resource allocation and no traditional budgets
– from calendar-driven to event-driven
– examples of self-regulating management mechanisms
– The KPI pitfalls
– The bonus problem
– Implementation experiences and advice
– The Beyond Budgeting Roundtable
– Recommended reading
Said about Bjarte Bogsnes book
“At last, Bjarte Bogsnes has made his experience and enthusiasm for Beyond Budgeting available for a wider audience with this remarkable book. I have appreciated his engagement in these important management issues for many years, and his knowledge and leadership have been critical in the transformation of our organization.”
—Eldar Sætre, CEO, Statoil
“This is an excellent book for those who want to grapple with the difficult task of radically changing conventional ways of running a company to more effective ways of doing it and ways more in accordance with human nature.”
—Jan Wallander, Honorary Chairman of Handelsbanken
“This is essential reading if you want to build an organization that is fit for the future.”
—Professor Gary Hamel, London Business School
First edition was published in 2008, second edition 2016.