This training is also suitable for internal training and can be helt at your location. We speak Swedish or English depending on audience.
Dandy People are proud to be able to offer this two-day course. You will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise. By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a LeanAgile enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® PMPO.
Associated Certification: SAFe PMPO
The following individuals will benefit from this course
- Product Managers
- Product Line Managers
- Product Owners
- Business Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- PMO personnel
- Process Leads
- Enterprise Solution
- System Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion.
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Your Trainer Martin Teljeby
Recent years I have been involved in introducing SAFe, and running SAFe educations, finding out how to adopt the framework to fit teams who need to align and collaborate for maximizing value deliveries. When scaling Agile you can choose to use a complete framework (as SAFe) or identify good practices from SAFe or other Scaling frameworks as LeSS to add just the structure that is needed. I can help explore and experiment to find what is helpful for you.
Last 10 years I have supported Agile transformation in various roles, first as Development manager, supporting my development team to adopt Agile and Scrum. After this I have supported Lean transformation as a change driver and last years I have been Agile Coach supporting managers and organisation in their Agile transformation efforts.