Trivium’s facilitator training workshops in the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology are designed to train both consultants and in-house corporate staff who want to facilitate a workshop that enhances innovation, transformation, and business performance.
Why use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY
- Can help express identity
- Stimulates conversation both within a team and between a team and its stakeholders
- Creates shared frames of reference within a team at the early stages of innovation
- Enables the birth of metaphors that symbolize important issues the organization needs to tackle
Our training program prepares participants to:
- Customize the use of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology in an organization.
- Develop and facilitate workshops using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY.
The program provides participants with sufficient insights, information, and experiences to prepare and deliver workshops using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology. The training provides the facilitator with hands-on experience, theory, facilitation guidelines, and application ideas.
Who is this for?
The facilitator certification program is aimed at people already experienced in facilitating and/or coaching. It is ideal for:
- Professional consultants and facilitators
- Company trainers
- In-house learning and development specialists
- HR staff
- Team leaders who want to use it as part of their leadership practice
There are typically twelve participants in the certification programs.
The program follows the roadmap developed by the Association of Master Trainers in the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method. Trivium is a co-founding member of the association, and Trivium master trainer Per Kristansen is one of the two original master trainers at LEGO®.
The training qualifies participants for the advanced training program offered by Trivium and other members of the Association of Master Trainers in the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method.
The full program runs for four days, starting at 8.30 and ending at 17.30 each day except day three, which concludes with a shared diner followed by group work in the evening.
Introduction of the core process, key theories, and design elements (application techniques).
Working with the Real Time Strategy for the Enterprise application, which is a workshop developed for strategy and business development.
Completion of the Real Time Strategy for the Enterprise application, followed by group work where the group designed customized workshops using the core process and application techniques.
Presentation of the workshop designs followed by feedback. Working with the Real Time Strategy for the Team application, which is a workshop designed to unlock a team’s potential.
The facilitator certification program aims to
help participants to:
- experience and learn the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology and its standard applications, Real Time Strategy for the Team and Real Time Strategy for the Enterprise
- learn about and experience the theories underpinning the methodology
- gain the knowledge needed to effectively develop and facilitate workshops using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY in their own area of operation
- practice designing and preparing customized applications of the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology
Upon completion of the certification program, participants will be fully prepared as facilitators of the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method, and will take with them:
- a complete set of instructional material/manuals, featuring:
- an introduction to the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology including its history and why and when to use the process
- the science behind the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology
- step by step instructions for facilitating the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAYethodology
- step by step instructions for facilitating the team development application
- step by step instructions for facilitating the business and strategy development application
- guidelines and tools for designing and preparing customized processes
- the opportunity – without any restrictions – to use the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY methodology and the special LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY material in their work
- a document of qualification that shows the facilitator has completed the Foundation Training in design and facilitating workshops with LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method provided by Per Kristiansen, Trivium.
Facilitator manual and document of qualification upon completion
Refreshments and lunch and 1 dinner
A one-hour personal mentoring call after the training
Academic research on the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY method is based on a body of unique research by Professors Johan Roos and Bart Victor, and a set of well-known theories such as constructionism (S Papert) and flow (M Csikszentmihalyi). It was developed at Executive Discovery, where Per was a part of the team.
Duration and Accommodation
New date soon
Day 1, 8.30-17.30
Day 2, 8.30-17.30
Day 3, 8.30-22.00 Dinner and workshop
Day 4, 8.30-17.30
About the trainer
Educated at the Rythmic Music Conservatory (RCM) in Copenhagen, Jens Rottbøll is a musician at heart. The years he spent developing an understanding of music theory taught him to hear what was behind the sound and to find the harmony, that is at the heart of innovation and re-invention. This, plus his training in performance arts generated a unique toolset of competencies and ever evolving perspectives that he has brought to the world of business and executive consulting for the last twenty years.
With focus on organizational and leadership development, Jens is proficient in bringing people together, helping them first identify their shared vision, values and unifying principles that are necessary to implement in them and through time.
His career in business management includes ten years as CEO for Banana Republic A/S, a music and food venue that has become a legendary Danish brand and, an enterprise with sixty employees. He has likewise served as an educational project director at Art Lab, and was formerly CEO of VEGA, the largest and reputed ‘best’ concert venue in Europe. Later on, he went on to become Director, Human Ressources at Bang & Olufsen.
Jens holds a diploma in Leadership and has completed a course of study at INSEAD and Wharton Business School. His competence in developing and implementing strategies and finding and implementing corporate values have served him well as an independent executive consultant at Trivium.
Our central workshop and training facilities that inspires to creativity and growth.
In the center of Stockholm you find our creative space of 100 sqm designed for Agile workshops, trainings, seminars, meetups and other activities to support fun and energizing growth. We offer our consultants, customers and partners to use our facilities and we also use it for our own activities within Dandy People.
The space is named Las Vegas, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas 😉
The Las Vegas space is divided in two big rooms with a wall, but no doors in between. That is why both areas are always used by the same group at all times. One part, the SOCIAL SPACE, of about 50 sqm is designed with comfy sofas and chairs for about 20 people. And on the other side of the wall is the WORKSHOP SPACE. This space is dedicated for workshops, trainings and seminars and it is an open space about 50 sqm with flexible furniture to fit any purpose.